Bhote Koshi River Rafting takes place in Bhote khosi River which means "river from Tibet" and lies a few hours drive to the east of Kathmandu. This river offers quite a lot of steep, technical and challenging sections where rafters can experience rafting through a veritable maze of canyons and boulders. Starting from near the Nepal-Tibet border, Bhote Koshi is a beautiful mountain river and this short trip on one of the wildest rafting rivers is ideal for those with limited time or a desire for some serious white water rafting!
Bhote Koshi flows down from Tibet and is a real mountain river having Class-IV and V+ rapids with deadly falls. Bhote Koshi is one of the recently opened rivers & represents the forefront of river rafting, and the put in point is just three hours away from Kathmandu.
This river offers the most incredible two-day white water rafting experience in Nepal if not in the whole world. While on a death-defying ride you have the opportunity of admiring the magnificence of Mt. Everest, Langtang Lirung and many other soaring giants. For those with time constraints but desire a high level of white water experience, Bhote Koshi is the only way you can enjoy the wildest, fastest and craziest river.
Day 01: Drive to Lomosangu Dam from Kathmandu
We will drive to Lamosangu, which lies to the east of the capital valley of Kathmandu (about 95 kilometres) and reach the put-in-point of Lamosangu Dam. We will pass through rural settlements, rivers and forests. While on the way, we will hav e spectacular view of mountains such as Ganesh Himal and Langtang. We go for the raft up to 10 km of the most exciting stretch of the river and then return to the camp at Lomosangu Dam.
Day 02: Lomosangu Dam – Dolalghat - Kathmandu
After having breakfast, we go to challenge with the water of the river in the upper section. Lunch will be served on the sandy river beach. Our exciting river journey will continue till 2-3pm. As we reach the exit point at Dolalghat Bazaar, we will catch our bus and come back to Kathmandu.
|Grop size||Peak season(Oct-Nov and Feb-May)||Low seaosn|
|2-6 person||US$ 99.00|
Note: Above price: Subject to change without prior notice!
- Professional rafting guides & safety kayakers.
- First Aid International Wilderness First-Aid.
- Professional safety kayakers & back up gear raft support.
- International name brand ISO certified rafting & kayaking equipment including full personal outfitting from essential paddles, helmets & life jackets to dry tops, wetsuits, dry bags, pelican boxes.
- Accommodation riverside camping /house during travels.
- We have top of the line camping equipment including toilet tents, shelters, personal tents, tarpaulins, mattresses, sleeping bags etc.
- Meals (local tea house meals while trekking & western meals wile rafting & camping = breakfast, lunch & dinner daily).
- We provide fresh, delicious & hygienically prepared food while on the river, including tea, coffee & hot chocolate as well as drinking water.
- Round trip private bus transportation.
- River permits.
Cost does not Included
- Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc.
- Local flights (note - there is an option to fly back from Birathnagar - Kathmandu at an additional cost).
- Items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera etc).
- Alcohol and junk food.
- Plastic bottled mineral water.
- We prefer to treat local stream water and help preserve our environment.
- We provide insurance for our crew - but participants must be properly insured through an emergency medical travel plan.
- We may offer trip photography at a small additional charge - please inquire!
- Tips for guides.
- If you feel that our crew did a great job, you are invited to offer.
- A personal Tip.
- Shorts / ½ pant.
- Sport sandals.
- Polypropylene / quick dry long shirts.
- Swim suit.
- Track pants / comfortable long pants.
- Warm fleece.
- Jacket (waterproof shell).
- Shoes (not big trekking boots).
- Pyjamas (something comfortable to sleep in).
- Warm hat (in cold months).
- Personal toiletries.
- Sunscreen / sunscreen lip protection.
- Water bottle.
- Head lamp / flash light.
- Personal first aid kit.
- Sleeping bag (if you do not have one – we will provide a complimentary rental).
- A little cash for treats & tips.