The Ganden - Samye Valley Trekking trail is the most popular trekking route crossing 2 mountain passes, beautiful alpine lakes and nomads. The trek begins from The Ganden Monastery (4180 m), 32 kms by road from Lhasa high above the Kyichu River and ends at The Samye Monastery. The main temple Utse at Samye represents Mount Meru, centre of the Universe.
Ganden-Samye Valley Trek is a 5 days trek that connects two of Tibet’s most important monasteries of Ganden and Samye. It offers fantastic walking, superb scenery, and interaction with Tibetan villagers and highland nomads. It is a fairly demanding trek and crosses two passes over 5000 meters. Participants must be physically strong and in good health. Ganden Monastery, 45 km east of Lhasa, was first built in 1409. At least 10 buildings have been restored, and the monastery looks splendid with barley fields sprawling the valley floor, which is dotted with small villages. It takes 4 days to walk from the Ganden to Samye trek, and this is one of the finest soft treks in central Tibet. You can experience Tibetan culture as you walk in the high altitude. You will also explore Tsedang and the tombs of the Tibetan Yarlung Kings, and the city of Lhasa and its monasteries.
Ganden Samye Valley Treks will starts with 3 nights in the ancient city of Lhasa where you will explore main centers of attractions of the city ranging from The Potala Palace to bustling market streets. For further acclimatization, you will drive to Ganden and enjoy the glimpse of Gelugpa Monastery. The actual trek will lead you through one of the most beautiful and popular treks in all of Tibet. Ganden Samye trek leads us to samye monastery and Tsedang where old century’s monasteries are located. We will also get a chance to see real Tibetan people living in country side. If you need more information about Ganden-Samye trek fell free to contact us.
Day 01: Welcome to Nepal, after arrival in Nepal airport our representative welcome you and assists to transfer hotel evening welcome dinner.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley city tours and preparation for Ganden Samye Trek.
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa, explore around Lhasa.
Day 04: Sightseeing in Lhasa-Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor.
Day 05: Sightseeing in Lhasa-Drepung and Sera Monastery.
Day 06: Drive from Lhasa to Ganden (4500m).
Day 07: Trek from Ganden to Yama Do.
Day 08: Trek from Yama Do to Tsotup Chu Valley.
Day 09: Trek from Tsotup Chu Valley to Herder's Camp.
Day 10: Trek from Herder's Camp to Wango.
Day 11: Trek from Wango to Samye then drive to Tsetang.
Day 12: Explore around Yarlung valley then Drive to Gongkar airport.
Day 13: Flight back to Kathmandu, evening farewell dinner.
Day 14: After this amazing trip we will transfer you to airport for your onward destination.
|Group size||Package Price Per person|
|11 and above||US$2700.00|
Note: Above cost subject to change without prior notice!
Above tour cost includes:
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in 3 star hotel ion BB Plan and Hotel /guest house best available en route on MAP (Meal Accommodation with dinner /Lunch and breakfast) basis in Tibet china.
- All necessary transportation from Kathmandu to Lhasa/Guge Kingdom and other destination within Tibet as per Itinerary.
- Sightseeing tour as per the program.
- An English speaking guide.
- All Tibet travel permits and Monastery entrance fee.
- Air ticket from and to Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- All meals and camping equipment is included while on camping Trek from Simikot, Nepal , Kaharta Valley and kham Valley.
- Travel Medical kit (first aid Box).
- Gamo Bag.
Above tour cost not includes:
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Nepal re-entry visa fee and Insurance.
- In case of landslides extra charge for porters and transportation.
- Tibet visa fee and Emergency evacuation.