Kashkar Tour With at least two passes over 5400m, the Xining-Tibet Hwy is the highest road in the world. And this overland adventure from Kashgar to Lhasa will show you the best of the Tibet Plateau: Kashgar, ancient hub of the Silk Road, the lost Himalayan Kingdom of Guge, circumambulation of the sacred Mountain of Kailash, herds of wild ass roam and eagles soar high above the immense landscape, and the mystical city of Lhasa. In a word, this tour covers nearly all the fabulous attractions in Tibet, you can never miss this trip of a lifetime.
- Overland the ancient route east along the top of the Himalayas from the desert oasis of Kashgar to the holy city of Lhasa.
- Hike the sandy shores of scared Lake Manasarovar, or just marvel at the turquoise waters and snowcapped-mountain backdrop.
- Join the pilgrims looking to erase the sins of a lifetime on the three-day trek around holy Mt. Kailash.
- Sleep in nomad tents and gaze upon the north face of Mt. Everest.
- Have a deep discovery of the two important cities of Tsang, Gyantse and Shigatse, climb the dazzling Gyantse Kumbum, and worship before a 26m gold Buddha at Tashilumpo Monastery.
- Marvel at the turquoise waters of Yamdrok-tso, one of Tibet’s most sacred lakes.
- Fully explore the sunlight city Lhasa with its well-known palace of Potala and holy monasteries of Jokhang, Sera and Drepung.
- Follow monks, mendicants and fellow pilgrims around the Barkhor, Lhasa’s fascinating medieval pilgrim circuit.
Day 1 Kashgar to Yecheng, 250km
Day 2-3 Yecheng to Dahongliutan, 499km
Day 3 Yecheng to Dahongliutan, 499km
Day 4 Pangongtso - Dorma - Dahongliutan, 433km
Day 5 Pangongtso Lake to Tsada, 395km
Day 6 Tsada to Darchen
Day 7 Start Kailash Circuit Trekking, O/N: Camp
Day 8 Trekking, O/N: Camp
Day 9 Trekking, O/N: Camp
Day 10 Saga - Peiku-tso – Rongbuk
Day 11 Rongbuk Monastery to Shigatse
Day 12 Drive to Lhasa
Day 13 Lhasa sightseeing
Day 14 Drepung and Sera Monastery
Day 15 Finish this unforgettable tour
- Tibet Entry Permit
- Comfortable, clean and safe vehicle depending on your group size with reliable local driver;
- Admission fees of tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Professional English speaking tour guide;
- Accommodations depend on your preference. Please tell us your preferred accommodation class when submitting the enquiry, and we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
- All meals listed in the itinerary;
- Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance